Bruce Beach is currently closed to the public for revitalization.
The Bruce Beach Revitalization Project is a catalytic project within the Pensacola Waterfront Framework Plan supporting the city's goal to create a more connected public waterfront. The project was designed by the planning and engineering firm HDR, with consistency review from SCAPE and public input, and will be constructed by Biggs Construction Inc. The project aims to create a new recreational and educational space with priorities to:
- Connect visitors to the water
- Restore and enhance local ecology
- Mark and commemorate African American history and heritage at the site
- Design for indoor and outdoor educational activities
- Create a cultural and educational destination at the Bay's edge
For more information on the Bruce Beach Revitalization project, visit the City of Pensacola website.