WEEK 6: Street resurfacing and natural gas infrastructure upgrades
Pensacola streets are the focus of a $30 million program that is resurfacing 119-miles of roadway and replacing more than 46-miles of underground natural gas distribution lines. This week, weather permitting, the resurfacing work will be focused in the western and downtown areas of the city.
- Traffic impacts for drivers and adjacent property owners include:
- Congestion from construction vehicle traffic.
- Noise, dust, and vibration.
- Temporary street closures and detours.
- On-street parking restrictions.
Residents and property owners are being notified by mail of resurfacing work schedule in their area. Then, 24-48 hours before work begins on a specific street, personnel are distributing information door-to-door reminding residents to temporarily relocate any vehicles parked on the street.
The potential for minor inconvenience associated with the construction comes with major benefits that include:
- Safer roadways.
- Less wear-and-tear on vehicles.
- Smoother riding surfaces.
- Improved fuel efficiency.
- Reduced life-cycle maintenance costs.
- A better appearance for our neighborhoods and commercial districts.