Sept. 15, 2020
City of Pensacola Road Closure Notice
Several roadways in the City of Pensacola have been closed due to flooding from Hurricane Sally.
The following roads are closed:
- Pensacola Bay Bridge
- 17th Avenue at the CSX railroad trestle/Graffiti Bridge
- DeVilliers Street at Main Street
- Interstate 110 at the Interstate 10 ramp
- 9th Avenue at Romana Street
- 6th Avenue at Highland Drive
- Sonia Street at K Street
- Coyle Street at Main Street
- Main Street at G Street
- Main Street from Baylen to Clubbs Street
- Government Street from Reus Street to Clubbs Street
- J Street south of Cedar Street
More road closures are expected. Real-time road closures are available on the city's road closures map.
Drivers are asked to stay off the roads. Never drive into hazardous flood water, and remember to Turn Around Don't Drown®
. Follow these flood safety tips:
- Get to higher ground – Get out of areas subject to flooding.
- Do not drive into water – Do not drive or walk into flooded areas. It only takes 6" of water to knock you off your feet and 2 feet of water to carry away a vehicle.
- Stay informed – Monitor local radar, television, weather radio, internet or social media for updates.