Aug. 21, 2020MEDIA CONTACT:
City Council to Hold Virtual Recodification Workshop
The Pensacola City Council will host a virtual public workshop Wednesday, Aug. 26 at 4 p.m. to review recodification of the Code of the City of Pensacola. If necessary, there will be a second workshop reviewing recodification on Friday, Aug. 28 at 4 p.m.
The meeting agenda and background materials are available on the City of Pensacola's website.
The workshop will be held in Council Chambers located on the first floor of City Hall, 222 W. Main St. Some Council Members may be attending by telephonic conferencing. Further, no public may physically be in attendance. This change in format is consistent with Executive Order 20-69 issued by Gov. Ron DeSantis and has been adopted at the direction of Council President Jewel Cannada-Wynn in consultation with the City Attorney.
Members of the public may attend and participate via live stream and/or phone only.
To watch the meeting live:
To speak regarding an agenda item:
- Visit cityofpensacola.com/ccinput (link will go live at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 26)
- Fill out the online form beginning at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 26 until that agenda item has been voted upon.
- Important: Members of the public who wish to speak must provide a phone number where they can be reached during the meeting.
- Any form received after an agenda item has been voted upon or public comment has been closed will not be considered.
- Staff will call the person at the appropriate time so the citizen can directly address the City Council using a telephone held up to a microphone. If a city staff member cannot reach the requester at telephone number provided, they will lose the opportunity to speak.