June 26, 2020
Reminder: Support Downtown Businesses during
Final 'Sunday Strolls' on Palafox
A section of Palafox Street in downtown Pensacola will be closed to vehicle traffic for the final "Sunday Strolls" this Sunday, June 28 to promote safe outdoor retail and restaurant activities to support local businesses.
Palafox Street from Garden Street to Main Street will be closed to vehicle traffic from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday.
Closing the street to vehicle traffic will provide additional space for downtown visitors to more easily practice social distancing while supporting local businesses.
Please remember that face coverings are required while inside businesses within City of Pensacola limits as of 5 p.m. today, Friday, June 26.
Businesses and individuals must adhere to the following rules and guidelines:
- Only businesses with an existing License to Use from the City of Pensacola may use the space in front of their business for outdoor seating or retail expansion. Businesses that do not have an LTU are not allowed to put furniture or other items in the sidewalk in front of their business.
- Businesses with existing LTUs are asked to please review their approved LTU plans and ensure they remain in compliance with the rules included in their LTUs.
- Businesses may not place furniture or other items in the street.
- Businesses must remain in compliance with any applicable Americans with Disabilities Act laws. All areas must remain ADA accessible.
- Do not gather in groups larger than 10 people.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and others whenever possible.