July 23, 2019MEDIA CONTACT:
Next Mayor's Neighborhood Cleanup July 27
The next Mayor's Neighborhood Cleanup day will be on Saturday, July 27, allowing residents in the cleanup areas to leave eligible items at the curb to be picked up by City of Pensacola Sanitation Services free of charge.
Residents in the cleanup areas must leave items at curbside by 7 a.m. on the day of the cleanup. Please do not place items at the curb prior to Wednesday, July 24. Placing items curbside early may result in a fee for collection.Please note that items left at curbside outside of the cleanup area will not be collected.
This month's cleanup covers two areas (please see cleanup map for details)
- Area 1: From Brent Lane/Bayou Boulevard on the south, 12th Avenue up to Langley Avenue on the east, follows the city limits on the north just past Burgess Road and follows the city limits on the west back down to Brent Lane.
- Area 2: Starts at Langley Avenue on the south, follows the city limits up to Ninth Avenue, then Creighton Road/ the city limits up to Olive Road. It includes Camelot/ LeJeune subdivisions north of Interstate 10. It follows the interstate to just west of Schwab Drive and then follows the city limits on the west back down to Langley Avenue.
The cleanup includes bulk items only. Yard waste or garbage will not be collected.
Items eligible for removal include:
- Household appliances
- Household junk and debris
- Furniture and mattresses
- Barbecue grills (no propane tanks)
- Bicycles and toys
- Old paint and paint cans
eligible for removal include:
- Building materials (concrete, bricks, blocks, roofing, drywall or more than one cubic yard of lumber)
- Household or pool chemicals
- Herbicides or pesticides
- Explosives or ammunition
- Auto parts
- Dirt or sod
- Propane tanks
- Garbage or yard trash
Please keep tires and paint cans separate from all other debris, and do not place piles under low-hanging lines or near poles, fences or mailboxes.
For assistance placing items at the curb, please call Keep Pensacola Beautiful at 850-438-1178 before 4 p.m. Wednesday, July 24.
Through the Mayor's Neighborhood Cleanup program, all city neighborhoods have a cleanup once a year during the months of January through October. In addition to Sanitation Services collecting items left at the curb, Code Enforcement conducts a sweep of the cleanup area and addresses any code violations. For more information or to see the cleanup schedule, click here.