Jan. 8, 2024
City Offices Delay Opening Jan. 9
Due to Severe Weather Conditions
City of Pensacola offices and facilities will delay opening until 9 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 9, due to anticipated hazardous weather conditions. Essential departments including Pensacola Fire Department and Pensacola Police Department will not experience a delayed opening.
The delay will include:
- Pensacola International Airport will remain open. Please check with airlines about potential flight delays. Pensacola International Airport Administration Offices will be closed.
City Sanitation Services
- City of Pensacola Sanitation Services will be operating on a delayed schedule due to weather conditions, with an anticipated start time of 9 a.m. Sanitation Services will collect any remaining Tuesday garbage cans on Wednesday, Jan. 10.
Information from the National Weather Service of Mobile
- Escambia County is expected to experience severe wind and thunderstorms from late this afternoon into Tuesday morning, Jan. 9.
- The National Weather Service in Mobile, Ala. projects that large swaths of damaging winds in excess of 70 mph and strong tornadoes are possible for Escambia County.
- Roads may become hazardous due to downed trees and powerlines. The hazardous conditions could impact morning commutes.
For more information, monitor the local media and legitimate online and social media sources like Escambia County Emergency Management, and US National Weather Service Mobile.