Oct. 18, 2023
City to Open Monitored Recycling Drop-Off Site on North Palafox Street
The City of Pensacola is opening a new monitored recycling drop-off site beginning Saturday, Nov. 4 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., located at 2759 N. Palafox St. between Leonard Street and Texar Drive.
The monitored recycling drop-off site will be open every Saturday, barring inclement weather and holiday weekends. City staff will be onsite to deter illegal dumping of nonrecyclable materials, provide sorting assistance, and educate residents on proper recycling.
The site will feature multiple containers for residents to properly dispose of recyclables, including cardboard, #1 PET plastics, #2 plastics, steel cans and aluminum cans. To ensure a speedy and productive process, all users are encouraged to presort recyclables prior to arriving at the drop-off site.
All cardboard boxes must be broken down, and all recyclable items must be clean and free of food residue. Household garbage and yard waste are not accepted.
- #1 PET Plastics: plastic soda bottles, plastic peanut butter jars, plastic water bottles, plastic salad dressing bottles, etc.
- #2 Plastics: milk jugs, laundry detergent containers, shampoo bottles, cereal box liners, etc.
- Aluminum Cans: soda cans, cat food cans, foil, etc.
- Steel Cans: canned vegetables, canned fruits, etc.
- Cardboard: cereal boxes and paperboard boxes (clean and flat)
- Aerosol cans
- Pizza boxes or boxes with food residue
- Ceramics or dishes
- Food waste
- Plastic bags or film
- Motor oil containers
- Household hazardous waste
- Light bulbs, window glass or mirrors
- Construction material
For more information on the monitored recycling drop-off site, contact City of Pensacola Sanitation Services and Fleet Management at 850-435-1890 or visit cityofpensacolarecycles.com.
For more information or general questions, email email@example.com. To stay informed about what's happening with City of Pensacola government, sign up for email or text notifications through Notify Me or follow @CityofPensacola on social media.