May 25, 2023
Pensacola Bay Pier Opening Today at Community Maritime Park
The City of Pensacola is excited to officially open the Pensacola Bay Pier to the public today, providing free public waterfront access at Community Maritime Park via boat or kayak.
The Pensacola Bay Pier opened to the public at 6 a.m. today, Thursday, May 25, and the community is invited to a ribbon cutting event at 3 p.m. to celebrate the grand opening of this new public amenity.
"I'm excited to further activate our beautiful waterfront in Pensacola, creating more access for our residents and visitors," Mayor D.C. Reeves said. "I hope boaters and kayakers will take advantage of this free public resource to visit Community Maritime Park and explore downtown Pensacola and everything our city has to offer."
Key information for public use of the Pensacola Bay Pier:
- March-October: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- November-February: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily
- Boat size limitations:
- Interior spaces: Boats up to 27 feet (limited to ensure ingress/egress is not blocked for other boats)
- Exterior spaces/dock area: Boats longer than 27 feet are permitted to dock in the seven exterior spaces on the west side of the marina, along with the exterior dock areas marked in the map below. Please note: Water depth near the marina varies depending on the tide and other factors. Slips are available with up to 12 ft of depth. Boaters must be aware of the tides and the draft of their vessels when docking at the marina.
- Cost: The Pensacola Bay Pier is FREE for the public to enjoy.
- Time limitations: Boats must dock within the posted hours. Within those hours, there is no time limit as long as boaters do not remain past closing. No overnight or after-hours dockage is permitted.
- Location: The Pensacola Bay Pier is located on the west side of Community Maritime Park at 301 W. Main St.
The Pensacola Bay Pier features floating docks, 48 boat slips, kayak launch docks, kayak storage racks, a fishing weigh station and more. The project design was funded by the Community Redevelopment Agency and construction was funded by a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission grant.
To learn more about the Pensacola Bay Pier and view all rules and regulations for marina use, click here.