Feb. 18, 2022MEDIA CONTACT:
Reminder of Recycling Rules at Summit Boulevard Recycling Center
The City of Pensacola would like to remind residents of the rules at the Summit Boulevard Recycling Center, due to a high volume of Styrofoam and other unrecyclable materials being disposed of. Styrofoam is not a recyclable material, and it can cause the entire load to be rejected.
The recycling drop-off center is video monitored 24/7 to ensure proper use of the site and to deter illegal dumping of nonrecyclable materials.
The center has three containers for residents to properly dispose of recyclables including cardboard, plastic, glass and more. Two containers are available for cardboard only. Cardboard boxes must be broken down and placed through the slots on the side of the box. The third container is available for other recyclable materials. Household garbage and yard waste are not accepted.
- Cardboard (please place in designated containers)
- Aluminum, tin, steel (including cans and lids)
- Glass jars and bottles, cereal boxes and other paperboard boxes
- Plastic bottles, milk and juice cartons
- Plastics No. 1 and 2
- Magazines and catalogs
- Hardcover or paperback books
- Newspaper and inserts, office paper and junk mail
- Metal pots, pans and cookie sheets
- Paper bags
- Aerosol cans
- Ceramics or dishes
- Food waste
- Plastic bags or film
- Motor oil containers
- Household hazardous waste
- Light bulbs, window glass or mirrors
- Household items or furniture
- Construction materials
For more information, contact City of Pensacola Sanitation Services and Fleet Management at 850-435-1890. The Summit Boulevard recycling drop-off center is located near 2750 Summit Blvd. in Pensacola, next to Fire Station 3.