Nov. 29, 2021MEDIA CONTACT:
City Opens Recycling Drop-Off Center on Summit Boulevard
The City of Pensacola has reopened a new and improved recycling drop-off center on Summit Boulevard beside Fire Station 3, providing additional recycling opportunities for residents just in time for the holidays. The center will include three containers for residents to properly dispose of recyclables including cardboard, plastic, glass and more.
The recycling drop-off center is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It will be video monitored 24/7 to ensure proper use of the site and to deter illegal dumping of nonrecyclable materials.
Two containers will be used for cardboard only. Cardboard boxes must be broken down and placed through the slots on the side of the box.
The third container will be used for other recyclable materials. Household garbage and yard waste are not accepted.
- Cardboard (please place in designated containers)
- Aluminum, tin, steel (including cans and lids)
- Glass jars and bottles, cereal boxes and other paperboard boxes
- Plastic bottles, milk and juice cartons
- Plastics No. 1 and 2
- Magazines and catalogs
- Hardcover or paperback books
- Newspaper and inserts, office paper and junk mail
- Metal pots, pans and cookie sheets
- Paper bags
- Aerosol cans
- Ceramics or dishes
- Food waste
- Plastic bags or film
- Motor oil containers
- Household hazardous waste
- Light bulbs, window glass or mirrors
- Household items or furniture
- Construction materials
For more information, contact City of Pensacola Sanitation Services and Fleet Management at 850-435-1890. The Summit Boulevard recycling drop-off center is located near 2750 Summit Blvd. in Pensacola, next to Fire Station 3.