Aug. 11, 2021MEDIA CONTACT:
City of Pensacola COVID-19 Update
In response to a rising number of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in the Pensacola area, the City of Pensacola is implementing new restrictions and guidelines for city-permitted events, along with reinstating certain protocols at city facilities. Event restrictions are as follows:
These restrictions only apply to City of Pensacola-permitted events at city venues and do not apply to private events.
- Effective immediately, the City of Pensacola will not issue new event permits for indoor events at city venues. This will remain in effect through Sept. 15 and will be re-evaluated at that time based on current COVID-19 conditions.
- Events that have already been issued a permit or events currently in the permitting process between now and Sept. 15, located at outdoor city venues, will be allowed.
- Indoor events that were already permitted at City of Pensacola venues between now and Sept. 15 will be allowed to continue at 50% capacity or less.
The city will work with event organizers to reschedule events as needed. Other COVID-19 protocols will also be implemented effective immediately:
- City of Pensacola facilities:
- City employees and members of the public must wear face coverings while in common areas of City of Pensacola facilities.
- City of Pensacola community centers:
- City of Pensacola community centers will be limited to 50% capacity until Sept. 15. Restrictions will be re-evaluated at that time based on current COVID-19 conditions.
- Previously scheduled events will be allowed to continue at 50% capacity, but new events will not be scheduled through at least Sept. 15.
- Senior feeding programs at Bayview Senior Center and Cobb Resource Center will be drive-thru only starting Thursday, Aug. 12.
Residents are encouraged to follow CDC recommendations
to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Click here for Florida's COVID-19 vaccine locator.