May 25, 2021MEDIA CONTACT:
Please note corrected dollar amounts in the list of eligible items.
UPDATE: Residents Encouraged to Participate in Florida's Hurricane Sales Tax Holiday Starting May 28
Escambia County and the City of Pensacola are encouraging residents to participate in Florida's 10-day Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday, May 28 through June 6.
The Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday was created to incentivize preparedness before hurricane and tropical storm season. Hurricane season begins June 1 and continues through November.
Floridians can purchase the following items without paying sales tax:
- Reusable ice packs ($20 or less)
- Candles, flashlights and lanterns ($40 or less)
- Gas or diesel fuel containers ($50 or less)
- Batteries, excluding automobile and boat batteries ($50 or less)
- Radios powered by battery, solar, or handcrank ($50 or less)
- Tarps ($100 or less)
- Tie-down kits ($100 or less)
- Portable generators ($1,000 or less)