May 10, 2021MEDIA CONTACT:
City of Pensacola Seeking Applicants for Summer Youth Intern Program
The City of Pensacola is offering an opportunity for eligible youth ages 16-24 to get paid work experience this summer through the City of Pensacola Summer Youth Intern Program, with jobs available in a variety of participating city departments. Applications for the Summer Youth Intern Program are due Friday, May 21 at 4 p.m.
The program will run Monday, June 7 through Friday, July 30. Program participants may work up to a maximum of 20 hours per week and will be paid the current state minimum wage of $8.65 per hour.
To be considered for the Summer
Youth Intern Program
, participants must meet the following requirements:
The City of Pensacola Summer
- Be a City of Pensacola resident with proof of address.
- Be 16 to 24 years old at the time of enrollment.
- If under the age of 18, the applicant must have parental/guardian consent to be considered for participation.
- Provide a letter of recommendation.
- Provide a 300-500 word statement of purpose outlining career interests.
- Complete job readiness preparatory training class on Friday, June 4.
- Not have any felony convictions.
- Meet hiring criteria of the temporary employment agency.
- Submit a complete application by the Friday, May 21 deadline.
Youth Intern Program
was created to provide an opportunity for participant to gain meaningful work experience designed to prepare them for today’s workforce. The overall goal of the program is to promote career development while providing paid on-the-job work experience.
Participating city departments:
- Mayor’s Office
- Pensacola Energy
- Pensacola Police Department
- Pensacola Fire Department
- Parks and Recreation
- Pensacola International Airport
- Public Works
- Neighborhood Services
- Sanitation/Fleet Services
- City Attorney's Office
- Human Resources
A limited number of eligible applicants will be selected and offered a position in the City of Pensacola Summer Youth Intern Program.Click here to download an intern program application.
The application is due Friday, May 21 at 4 p.m.,
and notification of appointment will be made by Friday, May 28. Please email applications and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
, or mail or hand-deliver to:
City of Pensacola
222 W. Main St.
Pensacola, FL 32502