April 30, 2021
City Accepting Redevelopment Submittals for Community Maritime Park Lots 4 and 5
The City of Pensacola is accepting submittals for redevelopment of Lots 4 and 5 at Community Maritime Park, which is a 31-acre waterfront park located in the community redevelopment area in the 300 block of West Main Street in downtown Pensacola.
All interested parties are encouraged to make submissions by the deadline of 3 p.m. on June 30, 2021. Please follow submission instructions below for consideration.
Additional information is included in the Notice of Intention below:
NOTICE OF INTENTION TO
DISPOSE OF (LEASE) REAL PROPERTY
AND ACCEPT SUBMITTALS FOR REDEVELOPMENT
The City of Pensacola, Florida (the “City”) hereby gives notice required by Section 163.380, Florida Statutes, of its intention to dispose of real property as generally described below (the “Site”) and to accept submittals for redevelopment of the Site as an economic development project.
The Site is located in the community redevelopment area in the 300 Block of West Main Street, Pensacola, Florida 32502. The Site consists of Lots 4 and 5 of the Vince Whibbs Sr. Community Maritime Park, which is a 31-acre waterfront park bound by Main Street on the north, Port Royal Way on the east, Pensacola Bay on the south, and privately-owned property on the west.
- Lot 4 (Parcel Ref. No. 000S009400000040) is approximately 3.0 acres, currently developed as a surface parking lot, and more particularly identified as follows:
- LT 4 VINCE WHIBBS SR COMMUNITY MARITIME PARK PB 19 P 23/23A OR 5886 P 1303 OR 6902 P 96 OR 7722 P 866 CA 98
- Lot 5 (Parcel Ref. No. 000S009400000050) is approximately 1.7 acres, currently developed as a green space with sidewalks, and more particularly identified as follows:
- LT 5 VINCE WHIBBS SR COMMUNITY MARITIME PARK PB 19 P 23/23A OR 5886 P 1303 OR 6902 P 96 OR 7722 P 866 CA 98
Submittals for redevelopment of the Site must further the purposes and objective of the community redevelopment plan for the Site by meeting the following criteria:
- Comply with the City’s Covenant for the Community, ensuring the inclusion of local businesses and workforce in the redevelopment, and utilize certified participants in the City’s M/WBE Program as appropriate, ensuring the inclusion of minority and women owned businesses in the redevelopment
- Include the tenets of the Urban Core Community Redevelopment Plan (2010), and the West Main Master Plan (2019) (available for viewing by selecting Planning Documents on the City website at cityofpensacola.com/cra)
- Include a parking garage wrapped by the proposed development sufficient to replace any parking places lost with the development as well as accommodate future developments at the park
- Provide for affordable housing in some manner within the redevelopment plan
Information regarding the Site, the redevelopment plan, submission of submittals and other pertinent information available to the City may be obtained by contacting the City in writing at the address below or via email to email@example.com
Submittals must be received by the City no later than 3 p.m. C.S.T. on June 30, 2021.
Submittals must be delivered to the City at the following address:
Property Lease Manager – Financial Services Department
City of Pensacola
222 W. Main St.
Pensacola, FL 32502Submittals delivered to a different address or received after the deadline date and time listed above will not be accepted.
The City reserves the right to select and subsequently negotiate definitive documents to implement the submittals which, in its sole discretion, it deems to be in the public interest and in furtherance of the purposes of Chapter 163, Part III, Florida Statutes, or alternatively, to reject all submittals or solicit the same or different submittals for consideration. Interested persons shall be solely responsible for the cost of preparing and submitting their submissions. Submittals shall become the physical and intellectual property of the City.