March 16, 2021
MEDIA CONTACT:Deja Dowdell firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanders Beach-Corrine Jones Resource Center Reopens After City Event Restriction
Sanders Beach-Corrine Jones Resource Center has reopened to the public Monday, March 15, after temporarily being closed during the City of Pensacola event restriction period.
Restrictions will be in place to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Per city policy and city ordinance no. 15-20, face coverings are required to be worn by employees and members of the public inside the facility. Anyone entering the facility may be subject to a temperature check and/or COVID-19 screening questions.
The following operating procedures have been enacted upon reopening Monday, March 15:
Sanders Beach-Corrine Jones Resource Center
Sanders Beach Park
- Programs and rentals will operate at 50% capacity.
- Weight and cardio rooms will operate at a two-person capacity limit per hour, available by appointment only. Citizens must call 436-5198 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the business day prior to reserve. Reservations for Monday must be placed by 4 p.m. the Friday prior.
- New rental reservations will be accepted Tuesdays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. by phone only. Citizens must call 436-5198 to reserve.
- In-Person site tours will be available Tuesdays through Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. by appointment only. Citizens must call 436-5198 to schedule.
- Some areas of Sanders Beach Park are open to the public. The park playground and outdoor restrooms are open for the public to enjoy. The pier and boardwalk remain closed until further notice. Citizens are encouraged to stay on the sidewalks and use caution when walking through the green space due to an increased presence of sand spurs resulting from Hurricane Sally.
Sanders Beach Corinne-Jones Resource Center is located at 913 S. I St. For more information on programs and events at Sanders Beach Corinne-Jones Resource Center, please call 436-5198.
For more information about parks, playgrounds and locations, visit PlayPensacola.com or contact the City of Pensacola Parks and Recreation Department at 436-5670.