Sept. 20, 2020
Information on City Debris Pickup
Starting Monday, Sept. 21, City of Pensacola Sanitation will begin to pickup yard debris on residents' curbside.
Please do not place yard debris in plastic garbage bags. Yard debris that is already bagged at the curb will be collected, but the plastic bags prevent the debris from being processed as yard waste. Yard debris should be placed curbside either loose or in paper bags.
If items are not collected on the first pass, please push them to the curb and they will be collected on the second pass.
In order to remove debris as efficiently as possible, City of Pensacola Sanitation is requesting that residents separate debris into six different categories on the curb:
- Electronics such as televisions, computers, stereos, phones and DVD players.
- Large appliances such as refrigerators, washer/dryers, air conditioners, stoves, water heaters and dishwashers.
- Hazardous waste such as oil, battery, pesticide, paint, cleaning supplies and compressed gas.
- Vegetative debris such as tree branches, leaves, logs and plants.
- Construction debris such as building materials, drywall, lumber, carpet, furniture and plumbing.
- Household garbage such as bagged garbage, discarded food, paper and packaging.
Debris should not block the roadway and should avoid trees, poles, and other structures. The public's patience is appreciated during this time, as crews will be working diligently to remove debris as safely and efficiently as possible.
This only applies to City of Pensacola Sanitation customers.
For more information about City of Pensacola Sanitation Services, visit cityofpensacola.com.
For more information or general questions, email email@example.com. To stay informed about what's happening with City of Pensacola government, sign up for email or text notifications through Notify Me or follow @CityofPensacola on social media.