June 15, 2020
City of Pensacola Resource Centers Reopen to the Public
The City of Pensacola Parks and Recreation Department resource centers will reopen to the public today, Monday, June 15, with modified operation hours.
Only youth participating in summer camps will be allowed in Cobb, Fricker, Gull Point and Woodland Heights Resource Centers, Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The general public will be granted access to fitness centers and limited adult and family programming, during the following operation hours:
- Cobb Resource Center: Mondays and Wednesdays, 6-8 p.m.
- Fricker Resource Center: Monday - Thursday 6-9 p.m., Friday 6-8 p.m.
- Gull Point Resource Center: Mondays and Wednesdays, 6-7 p.m.
- Sanders Beach-Corinne Jones Resource Center: Monday - Thursday, 4-6 p.m.
- Vickrey Resource Center: Monday - Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Woodland Heights Resource Center: Monday - Friday, 6-7 p.m.
Bayview Senior Center will remain closed to the public until further notice. Bayview offers virtual programming to keep citizens active and engaged. Visit PlayPensacola.com/vrc
for weekly schedules or "like" and follow Bayview Senior Center on Facebook
To practice safe social distancing, capacity restrictions will be enforced in the fitness room at Sanders Beach-Corrine Jones Resource Center. Citizens may access the fitness room by appointment only by calling 436-5198 the day of to reserve a time slot. Appointments are from 4-4:45 p.m. and 5-5:45 p.m. to give staff adequate time to clean and sanitize exercise equipment. Only two guest will be allowed in the cardio and weight room per 45 minute session.
For more COVID-19 related information and virtual programming for Parks and Recreation, visit the Play Pensacola Virtual Recreation Center at PlayPensacola.com/vrc