March 23, 2020MEDIA CONTACT:
Updates to City of Pensacola Services Due to COVID-19
In order to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for City of Pensacola employees, many city services have transitioned to online or phone only until further notice. Some city services may be limited, and the public's patience is appreciated during this time. Here is the latest information about city services and facilities:
Building Permitting and Engineering Services
- City Hall is closed to the public until further notice.
- City staff will continue to be available via phone or email, with staff working remotely where feasible.
- City Hall department information:
- The City of Pensacola Housing Department is suspending all client walk-in and in person appointment assistance until further notice.
- Business will still be conducted as usual using email or phone. Contact information is available on the Housing Department's webpage.
- For all housing related questions, please call the Housing Department at 850-858-0350.
Parks and Recreation
- The Parks and Recreation Field Service Center and City Hall offices are closed to the public until further notice. Parks and Recreation staff can be reached at 436-5670.
- City of Pensacola community centers and programs are closed to the public until further notice. Exception: Select community centers will be open as meal pickup sites for youth and seniors.
- City parks and green spaces remain open to the public, but park visitors should not use playground equipment, park benches, and other shared public surfaces. Read more information here.
- All team sports programs are suspended until further notice.
- Boat launching is free to the public until further notice.
- Tree permits are available by calling 380-9583 during normal business hours, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- For more information, call the City of Pensacola Parks and Recreation Department at 850-436-5670 or visit playpensacola.com for a staff directory.
- Pensacola Energy’s customer service office, located on Reus and Government streets adjacent to Pensacola City Hall, is closed to walk-ins until further notice. Customers can continue to make dropbox payments.
- Pensacola Energy is committed to providing natural gas service during this time of uncertainty and is taking the following steps to keep operations as normal as possible:
- While offices and pay centers may be closed to the public, customers can pay online at pensacolaenergy.com or over the phone by calling 850-435-1800.
- Pensacola Energy employees are following the recommendations of the government, including social distancing and personal protective equipment, when interacting with each other and customers. For more information on how to best protect yourself and others, please visit cdc.gov/coronavirus
Pensacola Fire Department
- If you are having difficulty making payment on your account due to financial strain, please contact Pensacola Energy at 850-435-1800 to learn about options and available resources. Service disconnects for nonpayment have been suspended through March.
- For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pensacola International Airport
- Based on guidance from the state, Pensacola Fire Department has temporarily stopped fire station tours in an effort to protect first responders and maintain critical public safety infrastructure.
- The Fire Administration office is open by phone request appointment only at 436-5200. 475 E. Strong St.
- Home smoke alarm installations are still available for city residents by calling PFD at 436-5200.
- Visit pensacolafire.com for non-emergency contact information.
- The Pensacola International Airport remains open. The airport is required to remain in operation until the Federal Government determines a need to place restrictions on interstate transportation.
- The airport administrative office will be available for tenant assistance only.
- For information and updates, visit flypensacola.com or like Pensacola International Airport on Facebook.
Pensacola Police Department
- Based on guidance from the state, Pensacola Police Department has temporarily stopped station tours in an effort to protect first responders and maintain critical public safety infrastructure.
- All walk-up permitting has been suspended.
- Visit pensacolapolice.com for non-emergency contact information.
Port of Pensacola
Public Works and Facilities
- Port of Pensacola Administrative Offices, 700 S. Barracks St., are closed to the public.
- Cargo and vessel activities will continue as guidance from the U.S. Coast Guard & U.S Customs & Border Protection permits.
- General questions and inquiries: 850-436-5070
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable issues: 850-436-5080
- Rates, new business inquiries, etc.: 850-436-5073 or 850-436-5074
- To schedule a vessel, rail deliveries, potable water service or other operational questions: 850-426-2519
- Port facilities maintenance issues: 850-982-0071
- General information, port tariff, vessel berth applications, etc.: portofpensacola.com
Sanitation Services & Fleet Management
- Public Works and Facilities offices located at 2275 N. Palafox St. and at City Hall are closed to the public.
- Stormwater maintenance matters: 850-436-1755
- Traffic and transportation matters: 850-436-1755
- Building and facilities matters: 850-436 -1755
- Engineering services: 850-435-1645
- For questions, please email email@example.com or call 311 for services.
- Sanitation Services & Fleet Management offices located at 100 W. Leonard St. are closed to the public.
- Sanitation will continue operating under normal conditions.
- Garbage, recycling, yard waste and trash: 435-1890
- Fleet Maintenance: 850-435-1895
- Code Enforcement: 850-436-5500
- Constituent Services: 435-1627 or 311
For more information or general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To stay informed about what's happening with City of Pensacola government, sign up for email or text notifications through Notify Me or follow @CityofPensacola on social media.