Discover ways to celebrate bicycling as a fun and safe mode of transportation throughout the city during the month of March.
March is Florida Bike Month and we want you to help us celebrate!
Find a list of activities below taking place throughout the city this March to recognize Florida Bike Month:
- March 8 - Want to learn how to properly wear a helmet or become a certified helmet fitter? Attend a helmet fitting training on Tuesday, March 8 at noon at Emerald Coast Regional Council. Email City of Pensacola Transporation Planner, Caitlin Cerame, at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- March 10 - Acknowledge the importance of bicycling as a safe mode of transportation by witnessing Mayor Grover Robinson's proclamation to recognize Florida Bike Month at the City Council Meeting scheduled for Thursday, March 10 beginning at 5:30 p.m. Citizens may attend the meeting via live stream online.
- March 12 - Join Bike Pensacola for the most popular bike ride in town - The Slow Ride! Explore the quiet, scenic streets of Pensacola's many historic neighborhoods for a fun and leisurely ride among friends on Saturday, March 12 at 3 p.m. Visit Bike Pensacola on Facebook or download the March 2022 Slow Ride Press Release to learn more.
- March 18 - Tune in to the Pensacola Expert Panel with Genna Barlow on NewsRadio 92.3 | AM 1620, Friday, March 18 at 9:30 a.m. Our City Transportation Planner, Caitlin Cerame, Parks and Recreation Board Chair Rand Hicks, and Parks and Recreation Marketing Coordinator Deja Dowdell will be live to discuss the importance of bike safety in our city.
- March 26 - Join us in downtown Pensacola on Saturday, March 26 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for Ciclovia,a unique family-friendly event envisioned to create a safe space for our community to participate in physical activity, engage with others, explore downtown Pensacola and have fun! Streets are closed to motor traffic and are open for biking, walking, dancing, whatever moves you! Come out to wrap up Florida Bike Month in celebration!
Play Pensacola encourages everyone to practice bicycle safety habits all year long! Access safe riding routes provided by Bike Pensacola on our website.
FLORIDA BIKE MONTH PRESS RELEASE