Kristie Tobias- January 11, 2019
Public Input Session
-Focus on Goals and Accountability
-What are the top 1-2 mission based goals you have in your department?
• Police- Core values-curtesy, integrity, professionalism -How is it measured?
• CRA-Fight and prevent blight, support affordable housing, partner with the private
sector to strengthen and secure the tax base.
• Fire- fire prevention, more involved with the community, training-keeping up with new
• Sanitation-Customer service, core value customers are number 1
• Inspection- Customer service, electronic route, ease of access, online permitting,
• Technology-Security of the network and data, secure the employees
• Port- Customer service-ensure cargo moves through the port safely and efficiently
Business Development-building a port that maximizes revenue, improve quality of life
benefits to the community
• Finance-Facilitate and support governmental service and have sound financial services
• Human Resources- Internal and external-rights, benefits for employees, employee
recognition events, employees engaged, accountability
What drives you each day, why are you here in the session?
• Police- Citizen pride, Curtesy, employee pride,
• City Council- Being most efficient, improvement, more collaborative with departments
• Human Resources-Employee satisfaction, provide more for employees and public,
• Fire-Leave the department better than when I came, Above and beyond than what is
• Human Resources- Goal to be we are a city and not be so departmentalized, goal to
come together and create a culture
• Call Center- bring up the morale
- If you were to identify your top 5 goals what are they and how are they measured?
- What are we measuring against?
• Technology impacts not just internally but externally as well. If internal departments
can’t do their job that impacts the citizens.
-Performance Management System
-What are your goals and how do they connect to your mission?
-Collaborate on mission, vision, and values
-What are the standards of behavior of the city?
-How are we measuring them?
-How many times have you gone through change with leadership?
-What are the goals and standards and how are they cascaded?
-Continuing to drive our culture to the next level.
-Invite your employees that you would like to attend the Employee Meeting
Kristie Tobias will send out follow-up requests for feedback early next week.
Average rating of meeting was a 9.0