The City of Pensacola has an operating agreement with Veo, a shared electric scooter company, to offer residents and visitors a new way to explore Pensacola. Veo is allowed to operate within the shared micromobility franchise area.
Scooter guidelines and rules:
- The electric scooters can be used on roads and bike lanes within the City of Pensacola franchise area.
- Riders are prohibited from riding electric scooters on sidewalks, but may access a sidewalk to park the scooter.
- Riders are not allowed to ride on streets identified on the Franchise Area Map as No Ride Zone, which includes:
- Cervantes Street from Pace Boulevard to N 15th Street.
- North 9th Avenue from Chase Street to E Baars Street.
- Garden St. from Pace Boulevard to N Alcaniz Street.
- Barrancas Ave from Pace Boulevard to Garden Street.
Where can I park:
Riders are encouraged to park courteously, which means e-scooters should be parked upright at all times and don’t park in the middle of a sidewalk.
- Riders are not allowed to park and end a ride on sidewalks identified on the franchise area map as No Park Zone, which includes:
- E Intendencia Street from Palafox Street to S Alcaniz Street.
- E Government Street from Palafox Street to S Alcaniz Street.
- Palafox Street from Main Street to Garden Street.
- Scooters must be parked out of the way of pedestrians and never blocking:
Any e-scooter ride that ends a trip within the Parking Zone (yellow area identified on map) downtown must park within the designated parking corrals. Free-floating parking within this Required Parking Zone is not allowed.
Riders are not allowed to ride or park in exclusion areas as identified on the franchise area map , which includes all public parking garages, several private parking garages, and the Ferry landing.
Hours of Operation:
Electric scooters are not operational and available for use between the hours of midnight and 5 a.m., Friday morning through Sunday morning.
Other Safety Information:
- Riders must be 18 years old and are encouraged to wear a helmet.
- Maximum speed of e-scooters is 15 miles per hour.
- Riders are required to obey all standard rules of the road. This includes riding straight and predictable, obeying traffic lights and stop signs, and yielding to pedestrians.
- Additional rules may apply. Please refer to the app for more information.
Veo currently operates e-scooters in more than 30 cities nationwide, and they have deployed e-scooters in the City of Pensacola franchise area as part of a one-year pilot program.
How do I use Veo?
Through the VEO SMARTPHONE APP, riders can see the nearest Veo scooter on a map, complete the safety tutorial and ride directly to their desired destination.
How much does it cost?
The cost for a Veo ride is $1 to start and a 39 cent per minute fee to ride.
Are there discounts available?
Yes. Veo offers the following programs that are available for all who qualify:
- VEO ACCESS PROGRAM to individuals eligible for federal, state and local assistance programs.
- Riders can use the promo code VEOXPNS for $10 riding credit during the initial launch period.