The "Hashtag" Waterfront Connector (Continuous Waterfront Trail) project carries out a key component of the Continuous Waterfront Trail envisioned in the the Urban Core Community Redevelopment Plan, as further conceptualized in Pensacola Waterfront Framework Plan. This project was named for the “hashtag” shape drawn by the concerning streets, Main and Cedar Streets connecting east to west and intersecting with Palafox and Jefferson Streets connecting north and south.
Key project priorities are:
- Create a walkable, bikeable, and safe environment
- Connect people to the waterfront
- Acknowledge and celebrate historic significance, and
- Encourage infill development and retail along Main Street
- CRA District: Urban Core
- Project Cost: TBD
- Funding Source: 2019 Series Urban Core Bond
Procurement - Phase 1
- February 3, 2020 - CRA held a public workshop to review projects for funding from the Urban Core Revenue Bonds, Series 2019.
- February 10, 2020 - CRA approved the "Hashtag" Waterfront Connector project, along with 3 others, for funding from the Urban Core Revenue Bonds, Series 2019.
- April 13, 2021 - Virtual Presentation and Discussion was held.
- April 14, 2021 - In Person Open House was held.
before & after photos