- City Government
- Community Redevelopment Agency
- CRA Projects
- East Garden District Streetscape
East Garden District Redevelopment
The "East Garden District" Streetscape / Jefferson Street Road Diet project includes a road-diet and streetscape improvements to Jefferson Street from Garden Street to Chase Street. The project will be constructed through a public-private partnership with local development firm, Catalyst HRE, in concert with the firm's redevelopment of private parcels along the eastside of Jefferson Street and at the corner of Garden and Jefferson Street. The "East Garden District" project is projected to leverage $40.8M in private investment, in addition to, an estimated $2.8M annual tax impact.
- Alignment with Pensacola's "Complete Streets" Initiative
- Road Diet
- Underground Utilities
- Street Trees and Landscaping
- Sidewalks with Decorative Elements
- Traffic Calming Elements
- Enhanced Crosswalks
- CRA District: Urban Core
- Project Cost: $1.4 M (Public) / Est. $40.8 M (Private)
- Funding Sources: 2019 Series Urban Core Bond, Private Funding
PROJECT PLANS / PRESENTATIONS
- CRA Workshop Presentation - February 2020 (PDF)
- EDG Project Overview - Oct 2020 (PDF)
- EDG Hardscape and Landscape Plans - Oct 2020 (PDF)
- EGD FDOT Plans - Oct 2020 (PDF)
before & after photos
To sign up for updates on this and other CRA projects, register for email or text alerts at City of Pensacola.com/Notify Me and select "CRA Projects".
2010 Urban Core Redevelopment Plan
- Oct 6-13, 2020 - Comment Period
- July 2019 - CRA & City Council approved the Redevelopment Refunding and Improvements Revenue Bond, Series 2019.
- February 2020 - CRA held a public workshop and approved funding for the East Garden District streetscape project from the Redevelopment Refunding and Improvements Revenue Bond, Series 2019.
- October 2020 - CRA adopted Resolution No. 2020-05 CRA approving the EGD Streetscape Master Development Agreement and Preliminary Plans
- November 2020 - City Council adopted Resolution No. 2020-55 approving the EGD Streetscape Master Development Agreement and Preliminary Plans