Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Waiver
NOTICE OF SECTION 8 HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER PROGRAM WAIVERS
City of Pensacola Housing Department
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act offers waivers for numerous statutory and regulatory requirements for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program. The waivers are intended to allow administrative flexibility to housing agencies in response to the COVID-19 emergency.
Effective April 10, 2020, the City of Pensacola Housing Department adopted the following waivers to keep the Section 8 HCV program operational to the extent practicable.
- The Public Housing Agency 5-Year and Annual Plans will be submitted to HUD on or before October 18, 2020.
- Self-certification of a participant’s income is allowed for both recertification and interim exams. Program participants and landlords do not have to complete the Request for Tenancy Continuation (RTC) form. Period of Availability – 7/31/2020.
- All delayed biennial inspections will be completed by October 31, 2020.
- Allow alternative methods to confirm repairs are completed for any Tenant Request, Owner Request, and Special Request Inspections. Period of Availability – 7/31/2020.
- Housing Quality Standard Quality Control Inspections are suspended until October 31, 2020.
- Maximum occupancy standards are waived, if household composition for an assisted family, changes because of the COVID-19 emergency. Period of Availability – duration of the current lease or one year from April 10, 2020, whichever period of time is longer.
- Waive the requirement to adopt revisions to the Section 8 HCV program Administrative Plan. Period of Availability – 7/31/2020.
- Waive the requirement to conduct an oral Eligibility Briefing. Eligibility Briefings will be conducted by issuing an expanded information packet. Period of Availability – 7/31/2020.
- Extend the term of program participants’ vouchers to July 31, 2020. Period of Availability - 5/28/2020.
- Allow up to 120 days for the execution of a Housing Assistance Payment Contract. Period of Availability – 7/31/2020.
- Allow a participant to be absent from the unit beyond 180 days for extenuating circumstances such as hospitalization, extended stays at nursing homes, or caring for family members. Period of Availability – 7/31/2020.