My Government Online
MyGovernmentOnline (MGO) is the City of Pensacola’s permitting software for the submission of all online permit applications and avenue for processing all projects from creation to completion.
MGO is also available on iOS (MGO Connect) and on Mobile at M.mygovernmentonline.org.
RESIDENTIAL PROJECTS WITH ZONING REQUIREMENTS
Important: When applying for residential projects including new dwellings, additions, accessory structures, pools, house moves, and manufactured homes, you must first apply for the Zoning and Site Review Application. After Zoning approval is issued, you will then apply for the applicable building permit as an "Add to Existing" permit application type. For step-by-step instructions, please view this helpful guide: Zoning and Site Review Application Instructions. This took effect March 24, 2022.
To encourage the construction of affordable housing units, the city has established an expedited permitting review process for documented affordable housing projects. The applicant must submit the Affordable Housing Expedited Permitting Policy Form to the City of Pensacola Housing Department prior to submission of plans.
GUIDES AND RESOURCES
- MGO Customer Help Guide
- Electronic Plans Submittal Requirements
- Applying for Sub Permits Guide
- NOTE: In order to link subcontractor work to existing projects on the main building, subcontractors must apply for an "Add to an Existing" permit application type. If you apply for a new permit, and it is a sub-permit, the application will be returned to you.
- How to Search for Permits Guide
- This guide assists with searching for permits in the My Government Online database.
- Add To Existing Permits Guide
- This guide features the addition of subcontractor work to existing projects.
- Making Payments Online
- How to Print your Permit
- Uploading Documents