Welcome to the City of Pensacola's Financial Transparency Platform
While the City of Pensacola has shown its commitment to financial transparency by posting financial documents on the City's website, including the City of Pensacola's monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, sometimes additional information may be sought out by taxpayers and other stakeholders. Often times that information is most easily understood through interactive charts and graphs.
The OpenGov platform provides direct access to the City of Pensacola's financial Information. This platform allows residents, elected officials, and other stakeholders to explore the City of Pensacola's approved budgets beginning with Fiscal Year 2017. As users of this platform, you will be able to view interactive charts and graphs, manipulate data, and drill down to the most basic financial levels of understanding. In addition, you are not limited to viewing the city's financial data online as you can download the data (e.g. in Excel) for offline analysis. This financial transparency platform has been deployed as a resource for stakeholders as part of the City of Pensacola's ongoing initiative to promote and enhance public transparency in local government.
For assistance with exploring the City of Pensacola's financial data, please review Tips on Using the City's Financial Transparency Portal. Additionally, for more information, you can review the City of Pensacola's Frequently Asked Questions.
The City of Pensacola's annual budget documents can be viewed as "PDF" files in the budget documents section of the city's website.
Tips on Using the City's Financial Transparency Portal
- OpenGov allows you to explore approved budget in a simple graphical user interface.
- You'll notice the title of the Report you are viewing in the top left corner.
- The Approved Budget Report provides all approved budgets beginning with Fiscal Year 2017. A slide below the pie chart allows you to move between each year and the table below the chart provides the data for each year.
- Click on "Views" on the left-hand side to view a list of common or favorite views on each report. Select "Filter" to display key menus.
- You can use the "Show" drop-down to select the data that is of most interest to you.
- Use the "Broken Down By" drop-down to specify the category you would like the data organized by in your chart or graph.
- Select the "Filtered By" option to view the data filters.
- These filters will allow you to select exactly which data you want to include, or exclude, from your graph or chart.
- Use the Search function within each filter panel to find exactly what you are looking for.
- You can always access the portal by navigating to https://pensacolafl.opengov.com.
- The City of Pensacola's main fund is the General Fund, the largest fund within the City. The General Fund accounts for most of the financial resources as well as most of the operating services of the general government.
- The difference between total revenues and total expenses will be funded by fund balance. Fund balance is the difference between fund assets and fund liabilities of governmental and similar trust funds.
- There are five different types of visual representations of the data:
- A stacked percentage graph to see percentage changes over time.
- A stacked line graph to visualize overall trends over time.
- A line graph overlaying each trend over time.
- A pie chart to view percentage breakdowns by year.
- A bar chart comparing trends and percentage breakdowns over time.
- Below any chart or graph, you can view a Table detailing the financial information in the visualization above.
- Use the "Help" drop-down in the top right corner to view a short How-To Guide with tips on navigating the platform.
- Use the Share drop-down in the top right corner share your customized graph or chart through social media or send a link to your customized graph or chart through email.
- Use the Download drop-down in the top right corner to download an image of the graph or table as a .png file or spreadsheet as a .csv file.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the City of Pensacola's pension budget?
- What is the total budget for the Fire and Police Departments?
- What are the General Fund budgeted expenses by department/division?
- How much property tax revenue is the City of Pensacola budgeted to receive?
- What is the budget for capital improvements within the City of Pensacola?
- How much is budgeted for debt service expense?
- Which revenue sources contribute to the City of Pensacola's General Fund?
- What is the City's budget for salaries and benefits for all permanent and temporary employees?
- What is the total budget of the General Fund?
- What are the City of Pensacola's revenue sources?