The City of Pensacola Housing Department hours of operations are 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Thursday. The lobby hours are 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM, Monday through Thursday. You may call 850-858-0350 to schedule an appointment or contact staff directly to schedule an appointment.
The City of Pensacola will stop accepting applications to the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program waitlist effective July 11, 2022. The City of Pensacola Housing Department administers the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program in Escambia County. At this time, the City of Pensacola cannot predict when the waitlist will reopen. Before the waitlist is scheduled to reopen, notice will be provided to the public. Names will continue to be drawn from the existing program waitlist in the order they have been received. If you are currently on the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program waitlist, please maintain valid contact information with the City of Pensacola Housing Department. The waitlist for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program is separate from all other housing program waitlists.
The Housing Choice Voucher program is a federally funded and locally administered program that assists low-income families, people with disabilities, and the elderly to afford housing in the private market. The program provides a housing subsidy to a private landlord on a program participant’s behalf which assists with paying a portion of the rent.
The City of Pensacola Housing Department is now offering to our clients a new secure, online service called AssistanceCheck. This service allows you to view information about your assistance, contact us directly and update your case file, any time of the day or night.
Some of the online services currently offered include:
- Update your contact information
- Add, edit and remove family members and income sources
- Complete Annual Reexaminations
- View and Print required documents
- Send secure messages to us
The City of Pensacola Housing Department is committed to supporting the development of a diverse viable community that provides decent, safe housing and a suitable living environment for area residents. This is accomplished by:
- Providing a sufficient volume and variety of affordable housing options;
- Assisting in the elimination of slum and blighting influences;
- Helping prevent deterioration of property; and
- Maintaining viable neighborhoods that enhance the quality of life of area residents.
The Housing Department is a partner in creating employment opportunities, encouraging small business development, and broadening the tax and economic base for families of modest means. Assistance to area residents includes:
- Community development and support services
- Homebuyer assistance strategies
- Rental assistance for eligible families
- Single family housing rehabilitation for eligible homeowners
Support to area residents is provided through the administration of the following local, state, and federal programs:
- City of Pensacola Homebuyer Incentive Program
- Community Development Block Grant Program
- HOME Investment Partnerships Act Program
- Section 8 Housing Voucher Program
- State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program