**The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher application waitlist is closed. Notice will be provided to the public when the waitlist will reopen.**
**Escambia-Pensacola Fiscal Year 18-19 Annual Action Plan Public Meeting will be held Tuesday, May 22, 2018, at 5:30 PM at the Pensacola Housing Office located at 420 West Chase Street**
**The Affordable Housing Advisory Committee will hold a Public Meeting on Tuesday, June 12, 2018, at 5:30 p.m. at the Pensacola Housing Office located at 420 West Chase Street. Open to the public.**
The City of Pensacola Housing Office is committed to providing the citizens of Pensacola with a variety of affordable housing opportunities.
The goals of the Housing Office are to:
- Provide a sufficient volume and variety of sound housing at an affordable price range to meet existing and anticipated population demands
- Help secure decent, safe, and sanitary housing for Pensacola residents
- Eliminate slums and blighting influences
- Help prevent deterioration of property and neighborhood decline
- Maintain viable neighborhoods to enhance the quality of life of residents
In addition, the Housing Office is often the voice for people whose needs extend beyond housing and cannot speak for themselves.
The Housing Office is a partner in creating employment opportunities, encouraging small business development, and broadening the tax and economic base for families of modest means.
The Housing Office administers four major programs:
- Housing Rehabilitation Program (for eligible single family homeowners)
- First Time Home Buyers Programs
- Section 8 Housing Voucher Program (rental assistance)
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program