City of Pensacola Speakers Bureau
Welcome to the City of Pensacola Speakers Bureau. The City of Pensacola Speakers Bureau is a program that is available to provide public speakers for any event and can be of interest to local clubs, schools, civic groups, neighborhood associations and community organizations. It is comprised of a collection of speakers that offer to speak on an array of topics.
Our speakers are experts in their fields who are eager to share their knowledge and department information with the community. They are an excellent resource with many stories to share and are capable of providing answers to many important questions about the City of Pensacola.
Presentations include anything from the budgeting process to environmental awareness. This service is free of charge. Please select a topic from this list below based on the intended audience and its area of interest. Please note that submissions should be placed 2 to 3 weeks prior to the date that you would like the speaker to present.
Presentations are available for the following general categories:
- How the code enforcement process works
- Effective code enforcement in a community
- Compliance with zoning and sign regulations
- Code enforcement and HOAs
- Community Visioning and Strategic Planning
- Historic Property Tax Credit
- Essentials of Economic Development
- Brownfield Redevelopment
- Business Development – Traditional Recruitment, Retention and Expansion
- Regional Resources
- Developer Assistance
- Historic Property Tax Credit
- Emergency Management – Business Continuity
- City-Owned Surplus Real Property
- Responding to fires, medical emergencies and natural disasters.
- Preparing for a hurricane, emergency planning and response
- Fire Department Operations and History
- Fire Safety Practices
- Fire Service Career
- Home Safety Plan
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- An overview of the City of Pensacola’s recruitment and hiring process; career opportunities to include type of work performed and positions filled by the City as well as how to navigate eligibility requirements.
- Safety programs
- Insurance and benefits basics
- Customer Service
- Interviewing and Hiring Best Practices
- Leading by Example (Leadership)
- Land Development Regulations – What is zoning? Learn about why there are codes for parking, signage, lighting, landscaping, etc.
- Planning and Growth Management Policies – Learn about the City’s neighborhood and long range planning goals and procedures.
- Historic Preservation – Learn about the importance of preserving and protecting the historic and archaeological resources within the City.
- Building permits
- Building Code and Land Development Code compliance
- Enforcement Tools
- Floodplain management
- The National Flood Insurance Program's (NFIP) Community Rating System (CRS)
- Tree protection and preservation
- The condemnation and demolition process
- Public Records Requests
- The role of Law Enforcement in society
- The Criminal Justice System, an overview.
- Combating crime in the City of Pensacola. Police strategies and processes. Understand the community policing concept.
- Types and numbers of crimes. Learn about crime statistics and national crime reporting issues.
- Crime prevention strategies. What you can do to protect yourself and your property.
- Bicycle/pedestrian safety; child passenger safety.
- So you want to be a police officer – an overview of the process of becoming a Florida Certified Law Enforcement Officer.
Public Works and Facilities
- Street maintenance – paving and sidewalk maintenance
- Stormwater/Water Quality
- City projects
Parks and Recreation
- Current activities in the City of Pensacola Recreation Department. Find out what is going on in Pensacola (recreational venues and activities).
- Youth Programs
- Senior programs/activities
City Sanitation Services
- Recycling program
- Trash pickup
- Neighborhood cleanup program
Port of Pensacola
- Port Operations
- Port Tours
Pensacola International Airport
- Airport Operations
- Revenue sources
- Economic Impact
- Pensacola Energy Operations
- Compressed Natural Gas
- Affordable Housing Opportunities
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME)
- State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP)
- Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
- City Sponsored Housing Initiatives Program
- Overall operations of City government
- Constituent Services
- Mayoral signature projects and initiatives
- Annual Budget
- Budget Process
- Small and minority business opportunities